Ever wondered how to use smart home automation technology to improve the quality of your life at home as you get older?
We are in the midst of a senior population bulge that will last for the next 20-30 years and put immense strain on the resources of our families and governments.
This course (Smart Homes for Aging Adults) explains 10 smart home automation solutions and services that will allow you to face the many challenges associated with growing old gracefully and with dignity.
This course is intended by the following people:
- Individuals that are 45 years of age and above, who want to be able to live at home safely, comfortably and securely for as long as possible.
- Aging adults living alone who have a preference to live independently at home and delay or completely negate the need to move to nursing home facilities.
- People who feel nervous, scared or lacking the necessary knowledge to allow home automation technology into their homes and lives.
- Children living long distances from their aging parents who are worried and want to use senior focused technology systems to help them remotely monitor their loved ones.
Okay, this course looks pretty snazzy! So what exactly will we be covering in the course every week?
This 8 week step-by-step course provides a step-by-step strategic plan for aging adults who want to use technology to live safely, healthily, and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. This course is a eight week online course with a live group coaching element. (Yes, you're going to get amazing help from yours truly.) Every week you'll go through the course module online in the private members area, and then (if you'd like) you can join us for the live group coaching call for more "hands on" help to ask questions and get amazing feedback from the Gerard and the other students in the program. Here's a breakdown of each module...
Week 1 Module – Overview of Independent Living 2.0
- In this module, you’ll learn about the issues affecting aging adults and how next generation independent living systems can improve your quality of life.
- At the end of this first module, you'll know how smart home automation products can help you stay independent during the aging process.
Week 2 Module – Broadband & WiFi for Aging Adults
- In this module, you’ll learn about the issues affect the quality of your WiFi network and how to improve to support various Independent living friendly smart home products in the coming weeks.
Week 3 Module – Smart Fire & CO Poisoning Protection
- In this module Gerard explains the features supported by smart smoke and CO detectors.
- At the end of this week, you'll know the advantages of replacing your ‘dumb’ smoke detectors and how to install same.
Week 4 Module - Adding Smart Doorbells to Your Home
- This module takes provides a detailed explanation of smart doorbells and how they could be used to enhance your personal security levels.
- At the end of this week, you'll be well on your way knowing hos to install and use a smart doorbell.
Week 5 Module – Adding Flood and Leak Detection to Your Home
- This module show you how to setup smart water detectors to mitigate the risk of water damage in your home.
Week 6 Module – Automating Your Light Bulbs and Getting Rid of the Light Switch
- The main benefits for elderly people of installing smart lighting control are fully described in this weeks module.
- The module also explains smart lighting applications that are particularly relevant to aging adults.
- At the end of this week, you will know the options you have when it comes to ‘smartifying’ the lights around your house.
Week 7 Module – Use Smart Thermostats to Save Money
- In this weeks module, Gerard outlines the key features of smart thermostats
Week 8 Module – Remotely Taking Care of Your Love Ones
- If you feel that a basic PERS is not sufficient by itself, then you may want to consider purchasing an Activity Daily Living (ADL) monitoring system for your loved one’s home. In this weeks module Gerard provides you with an explanation of how ADL systems can help.
Week 9 Module – Using and Controlling with Your Smart Home
- In this final module, Gerard explains how to use your voice to control your own home.
Gerard O’Driscoll is 46 years old and originally from Cork in Ireland, married to Olive with five kids ranging from 5 to 16 years old — so a busy house! Gerard has been doing smart home automation for the last 15 years. He is the founder of a leading online store for connected home products and author of multiple books on the subject of smart homes.
And because this is a hands on course with coaching,we've decided to limit the number of students we accept to the first 50 people.
We know there's more people who want to sign up than there are spots. And we're okay with that.
There's a live weekly group coaching element to this course that will require a lot of time, energy and resources on our end. We want to make sure that we can get results for everyone in the course and not dilute our focus.
Oh, and we're also going to make you the best guarantee you've ever seen.
We're so confident that you're going to be blown away by this course, that we're going to offer a 30-day 100% money back guarantee. No questions asked. That's how confident we are that you'll love it.